About North East India:-
The mysterious and unexplored North eastern region of India comprises of seven states commonly
known as the “Seven Sisters”. Those states are Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura. This economically and strategically important region of India shares
its border with Bhutan, China, Myanmar and Bangladesh and is connected to the mainland India by a
narrow 20 km wide corridor of land near North Bengal commonly known as Chicken’s neck.
Renowned for its exquisite beauty and bio- diversity, North East India is the melting point of different
cultures and traditions. It is the home of more than 160 different ethnic tribes, each speaking different
dialects or languages. The different tribes celebrate their unique and colourful festivals which reflect
their modes of living and livelihood. Together with picturesque landscape and rich flora and fauna it
makes the North East India a unique tourist destination.
Restricted Area Permit (RAP) for the foreign nationals:Restricted Area Permit (RAP) for staying in Arunachal Pradesh can be obtain at a cost of USD 50 per persons, which will be valid for 30 days . We can obtain it on your behalf at a prior notice. In order to get RAP, we need the scanned or photocopy of the Passport and the valid India visa along with a passport sized photograph of each visitor, to be sent to us at least one week prior to the departure.
Inner Line Permit (ILP) for the Indian nationals: Inner Line Permit (ILP) is required for visiting the North East Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram. In order to get ILP, we need the scanned or photocopy of Photo ID with address (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar / Bank Passbook of Nationalised Bank etc) along with a passport sized photograph of each visitor, to be sent to us at least one week prior to the departure.
Protected Area Permit (PAP) for the foreign nationals: Protected Area Permit (PAP) is no more required for staying in Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram.
Dos & donot
Followings are some points to be taken care of while travelling to North-Eastern region of India.
- A proper VISA to enter and stay in India is a must.
- Before entering into some North Eastern states like Arunachal Pradesh,
Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland, travellers need to have Restricted Area
Permission or Protected Area Persission.
- Get medical check-up before traveling to North-east India. Always keep a
personal first aid box with sufficient mosquito repellent to prevent the mosquito
- Don't ever enter a temple, tomb, dargah or Gurudwara with shoes on and/or
- Do not encourage beggars
- Always drink safe mineral water and take well-cooked food.
- Don't photograph women without permission. Avoid taking photographs of
places (i.e military base, religious place, etc.) where filming is restricted.
- Avoid public drunkenness and drugs.
- Be security conscious. Do not forget to keep the contact numbers of the local
representatives and the police stations
- Keep yourself up to date with climate, political situation & economy of the
- Do not carry any kind of firearms, ammunition or toxic material as it is strictly